We want to make sure that you are aware of information and resources that are available to our sickle cell warriors. Please make sure you visit our site frequently for any updates.
- Information for the State of South Carolina Residents from SC Department of Health and Environmental Control: https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- Information from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention about COVID19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Information from the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America about COVID19: https://www.sicklecelldisease.org/covid-19/
- Information from the Sickle Cell Consortium about COVID19 and support: https://sicklecellconsortium.org/COVID19/
- Information from the American Society of Hematology (ASH) about Sickle Cell Disease and COVID19: https://www.hematology.org/covid-19/covid-19-and-sickle-cell-disease
- Identification of people who are more at risk for COVID19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-with-medical-conditions.html
If you are a sickle cell warrior or a caregiver of a sickle cell warrior living in South Carolina and your family is in need of masks, please email us at email@example.com.
We have volunteers making masks for our warriors and their families and we will mail you your masks upon your request as supplies last.
Thanks to a grant and donations, Midlands Gives 2020, we are able to and currently seeking to purchase additional items that our sickle cell warriors need. If you are a sickle cell warrior or a caregiver of a sickle cell warrior, please complete the following survey to identify other items needed during this time of COVID19 concerns. The survey is here.
We are thankful for our sponsors for their generous donations that allows us to provide support to our sickle cell warriors and their families during COVID19. Our local Pepsi Bottling Company donated cases of water and gatorade for our families. Hydration is so important to our sickle cell warriors and this will help support this need. Thank you, Pepsi.
We are thankful to Global Blood Therapeutics for all that they do in support of sickle cell disease. We were a recipient of a grant from GBT which allows us to provide masks and the replenishment of cleaning supplies and other necessities.
You must be logged in to post a comment.